How We Think
Social Media & Copywriting Specialist
WANTED: an ambitious, goal-orientated individual that thrives in a results-driven role. If you enjoy helping businesses succeed through marketing and social media and want to have fun doing it – then this position is for YOU! (How's that for a cliche sales pitch?!)
Tulip Tree Studios is a boutique marketing and design firm based in Rochester, MN that is small enough to care but talented enough to make a big impact through marketing, web and graphic design, copywriting, photography, social media management and more. We're a creative company that exists with the sole purpose of making businesses and individuals stand out in this ever-changing world of marketing.
We envision the perfect person for this job being intelligent (but not a know-it-all), out-going (but not obnoxious), persuasive (but not pushy), detail-oriented (but not OCD), and creative (but not lacking in the common sense department). They'd be someone who is not afraid of having open and honest conversations with clients, while keeping their marketing efforts in check; someone who loves staying on top of the latest trends in social media and values analytics; someone who thrives on building professional relationships through networking; and, ultimately, someone who truly enjoys finding creative ways to help others to branch away from the norm.
If you enjoy transcribing medical documents for 8 hours a day in a dim closet while wearing the same baseball cap you've worn since junior high and jamming to Yanni's greatest hits on repeat then this job is not for you. At Tulip Tree, we wear lots of hats, change up our music stations daily, and find ourselves doing anything from social media strategy to product cataloging in an open, flexible office environment full of multi-tasking mania. Intrigued? Read on.
THE JOB: Social Media & Copywriting Specialist
As our Social Media & Copywriting Specialist, your ultimate focus will be writing captivating copy and managing all social media accounts for our clients. You'll be responsible for determining applicable and worthwhile social media avenues; strategizing, designing, and implementing social media efforts to keep our clients' marketing proactive; analyzing analytics to effectively gauge effectiveness; writing creative and client-specific copy for social media as well as blogs, eblasts, press releases, brochure content, website content, radio scripts, and more; and coordinating with the rest of the team to implement marketing efforts on time and in budget.
Primary Duties: (Written in Microsoft Word. Not stone. Like monkeys, these are sure to evolve over time.)
- Maintain favorable and meaningful client relationships with potential, current, and past clients
- Develop customized marketing solutions for clients of varying industries to exceed their business goals.
- Author a variety of marketing related materials including campaign messaging, press releases, blog posts, case studies, general messaging, website copy, and more.
- Proofread and edit additional copy for/from our clients.
- Strategize and implement engaging social media efforts.
- Design any graphics for social media efforts (high-quality and consistent with brand guidelines).
- Place and monitor any social media advertising
- Monitor and analyze analytics to measure ROI for clients.
- Attend numerous networking events and functions to help build awareness as well as potential relationships for Tulip Tree.
Skills and Knowledge: (Don't have it all? Then show us your persuasive skillzzzzz.)
- At least 2 years experience in managing several social media accounts
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite for design work (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Exceptional organizational skills & an enviable attention to detail
- Top-notch communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A strong belief that the Oxford comma is the superior choice in comma placement
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an open team environment
- Excellent relationship-building with a personality that draws others in
- Ability to educate and advise clients on social media and copywriting as a whole, along with the reasons each is important in a successful business plan
- Desire to succeed with an ambition, competitive spirit, and an optimistic attitude
- Plus, the obligatory customer service and other computer skills (incl. Microsoft Office programs)
In a nutshell, you'll manage, design, and implement the social media efforts for our clients, and will write stellar copy for them as well.
This position is a full-time, in-house position in Rochester, MN. (We repeat, IN HOUSE.) Salary based on experience (initial range from $28k-$40K) with opportunities for additional commission. Benefits (health insurance, 401k, paid holidays, etc.) are also offered.
Enough of the brass tacks. If you want in,
Email your jaw-dropping cover letter, resume, and design portfolio and give us your best sales pitch on YOU!
(Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered... it's how we test your ability to follow directions, as well as writing skills!)
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $28,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Experience: Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Location: Rochester, MN (Preferred)