How We Think
5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Website
You have a smartphone in one hand and the yellow pages in the other. Which would you use to find information about a local business? If you said smartphone, you are part of the 86% of consumers who rely on the internet to find a local business. Yet many business owners are still hesitant to invest in a website: “they’re too expensive,” “I’m not good with computers,” “I don’t have the time,” or our personal favorite “I have enough business and I don’t need one.” The reality is, every business needs a professional website built to increase sales, capture leads, and establish your business in the local market. Here’s why:
1. It’s expected. Consumers assume that your company has a website. In fact, most people won’t trust a business without a website. A good website will instantly boost your credibility as a legitimate business.
2. Control of your brand. No need to worry about algorithms or daily rule-changes that decrease the visibility of your content. Your website belongs to you and you control how your audience gets to know your business.
“If your business is not on the Internet, then your business will be out of business.” – Bill Gates
3. You don’t have to be a computer nerd. Content management systems, like WordPress, allow you to manage important aspects of your website without needing to know anything about programming. There are thousands of plug-ins and resources available to make it incredibly easy for anyone to manage a company website.
4. Competition is fierce. Your website represents who you are and how you stand out from your competitors. Investing in a custom, fully functional, mobile-optimized, SEO friendly, fast-loading website is absolutely crucial to the growth of your business.
5. Consumers get 24/7 access to your business. People want to know how you can solve their problem before they enter your storefront or buy your product. Details like business hours, services, product guides, or the ability to buy online are all determining factors in the buyers’ journey. A good website will answer basic questions right away.
Marketing your business online includes many platforms that all work together – social media, digital advertising, email marketing, blogging, etc. As consumers use all of these different tools, your website will serve as the anchor. Whether you need a brand-new site or a refresh of your current site, our team of developers, graphic designers, copywriters, and SEO-experts can help you grow your business online. Stop in and see us to get started!